Wednesday, May 29, 2013

An Update on the mission trip to Arequipa, Peru this July!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share an update on the mission’s trip I am taking part in this coming July.

If you did not know, I am attending Extreme South American from July 11th through 23rd. This is my first trip out of the country and I am nervous but excited at the same time! So far, I have raised around $1,000.00 for the trip! I am waiting for an exact number to be sent to me from Extreme, which I should receive soon. This means I can buy my plane ticket!

A teenager that may be interested in serving with Extreme after graduation is going with me on this trip, and her name is Savannah Kinswa. Please be in prayer for her as well, as God directs and shows her the call she has on her life for missions and where He wants her to go. She is an amazing Christian girl, and I look forward to being a part of this experience with her.

All of this amazing news comes with some things I am sure the Lord will work out, but that I must share so that His people can be in prayer with me about them. I found out today that my insurance does not cover the cost of the travel immunizations which about to $350.00. (GULP!). I am faithful that God can and will cover this cost, but with the appointment made for June 11th, He has to do it quick!

That means I still need to raise an estimated $800.00 for the trip! God is good, and He will do it! Can you please pray for me about this money coming in?

I am so excited for the work that I will be doing in Arequipa. I found out that friends of my husband and I from college are working in Arequipa for two years, and I will be working with them while there. If you would like to know more about the work they are doing there right now, follow this link to their family’s website:


We are also in need of the following items to be donated for our eBags (supplies for the event when we are there).

Highest-Priority Items:
·  1 plain white t-shirt brought by EVERY short-term volunteer to be tie-dyed.  We will be attracting locals to our events using the tie-dye shirts. 
·  1 Tablet, new (iPad or Samsung Galaxy).
·  1 Smartphone--Unlocked, new (iPhone, Samsung Note, or Blackberry).  To help fill the 2,000 seat performing arts center we are publicizing give-aways of a Tablet and Smartphone.  Obviously these are expensive items, but the hope would be that an entire congregation could pool together to sponsor them.  
Other items:
·  3 size-5 Soccer Balls
·  3 Volley Balls
·  50 jars of peanut butter (for project sack lunches)
If you are able/willing to donate any of these items, please contact me with what you would like to donate or pay for at vwhi81@gmail.com
.
That is all for now! Your prayers are so greatly appreciated! God bless!

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment